|Illustrative image__Photo: Internet|
What are the formalities for visa application or visa extension for foreign workers in Vietnam?
Employers in Vietnam can submit dossiers of application for long-stay work visas for their foreign workers at the Ministry of Public Security’s Vietnam Immigration Department or immigration divisions under provincial-level Public Security Departments of the localities where they are located. They can also submit such dossiers online via the National Public Service Portal or the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal.
When an applicant submits a visa application dossier at an immigration office, the latter will issue a receipt, clearing stating the time for the applicant to receive the decision on his visa application, which, however, must be within five working days from the date a complete dossier is submitted.
A dossier of application for grant or extension of a work visa for a foreign worker in Vietnam must comprise1:
- The foreign worker’s valid passport and a declaration form for visa issuance or stay extension (Form NA5), in case the foreign worker is currently residing in Vietnam;
- A declaration form for entry approval (Form NA2), if the foreign worker has yet to enter Vietnam;
- A certified copy of the business registration certificate, investment license or operation license of the enterprise/organization acting as the visa sponsor and a letter of introduction of the seal and signature of its competent person (Form NA16); such papers are required only for enterprises/organizations that submit visa application dossiers at immigration offices for the first time;
- The enterprise/organization’s certification of specimen seal use or notice of specimen seal use;
- A certified copy of the foreigner’s work permit, for cases of applying for grant or extension of LĐ2 visas, or certificate of exemption from work permit, for cases of applying for grant or extension of LĐ1 visas; and,
- The foreign worker’s temporary residence book or temporary residence certificate.
Particularly for holders of Chinese and Taiwanese passports, for whom visas will be issued in the form of loose-leaf visas, one 3cm x 4cm portrait photo will be required.-(VLLF)