I am a Swedish citizen. As I know, Vietnam has just started to grant e-visas for foreigners to enter Vietnam. What conditions must I meet and what procedures will I have to carry out to be granted an e-visa for entry into Vietnam?
According to Government Decree No. 07/2017/ND-CP of January 25, 2017, the grant of e-visas for foreigners who wish to enter Vietnam will be made on a pilot basis for two years, starting from February 1 this year.
Vietnamese law stipulates that a foreigner may only be granted a visa to enter Vietnam if he is a citizen of a country that has diplomatic ties with Vietnam or when the grant of e-visa conforms to Vietnam’s socio-economic development and external relation policies in each period and is not detrimental to national defense, security and social order and safety of the country.
In your case, as Sweden has established diplomatic relations with Vietnam and is listed among 40 countries eligible for the e-visa scheme, you will be granted a single-entry e-visa, which is valid for a maximum period of 30 days, if having a valid passport and not falling into cases subject to suspension from entry. Additionally, you will have to pay a fee which, however, will not be refunded in case your visa application is rejected.
To apply for an e-visa, you may access evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn or evisa.immigration.gov.vn to declare information as required, upload your photo, fill in the information form, pay a visa fee to a bank account provided on the website, and then get a code for your e-dossier of application. You will use such code to check results of the dossier processing by the Immigration Management Department. If your dossier is okayed, this Department will consider granting an e-visa and make a reply via the website within three working days. Once again, you will use your e-dossier code to print out the e-visa.
In case you are invited or guaranteed to enter Vietnam by a Vietnam-based agency or organization, the inviting authority may also carry out procedures to apply for your e-visa but will be required to register an e-account and have an e-signature in accordance with the Law on E-Transactions and guiding documents.
The Immigration Management Department will consider and reply the inviting agency or organization via the website within three working days after receiving sufficient information for e-visa application and fee for e-visa grant.
The agency or organization applying for your e-visa may use the granted e-dossier code to receive the reply of the Immigration Management Department, and notify you of such reply.
If you are deemed eligible for grant of the e-visa, you may use the granted e-dossier code to print out your e-visa.
According to leaders of the Immigration Management Department, whether foreigners enter the country on e-visas or paper visas, border-gate immigration agencies will have to check visa-related information carefully so as to detect any violations of the immigration law.
LIST OF COUNTRIES ELIGIBLE FOR PILOT GRANT OF E-VISAS
|9||KOR||Republic of Korea|
|17||USA||United States of America|
|23||GBR||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
(Not applicable to Chinese e-passport holders)
LIST OF BORDER GATES PERMITTING FOREIGNERS’ ENTRY INTO AND EXIT FROM VIETNAM WITH E-VISAS
I. AIRWAY BORDER GATES
1. Noi Bai International Airport;
2. Tan Son Nhat International Airport;
3. Cam Ranh International Airport;
4. Da Nang International Airport;
5. Cat Bi International Airport;
6. Can Tho International Airport;
7. Phu Quoc International Airport;
8. Phu Bai International Airport.
II. ROAD BORDER GATES
1. Mong Cai International Border Gate (Quang Ninh province);
2. Huu Nghi International Border Gate (Lang Son province);
3. Lao Cai International Border Gate (Lao Cai province);
4. Nam Can International Border Gate (Nghe An province);
5. Cau Treo International Border Gate (Ha Tinh province);
6. Cha Lo International Border Gate (Quang Binh province);
7. Lao Bao International Border Gate (Quang Tri province);
8. Bo Y International Border Gate (Kon Tum province);
9. Moc Bai International Border Gate (Tay Ninh province);
10. Xa Mat International Border Gate (Tay Ninh province);
11. Tinh Bien International Border Gate (An Giang province);
12. Song Tien International Border Gate (An Giang province);
13. Ha Tien International Border Gate (Kien Giang province).
III. SEAWAY BORDER GATES
1. Hon Gai Port Border Gate (Quang Ninh province);
2. Hai Phong Port Border Gate (Hai Phong city);
3. Nha Trang Port Border Gate (Khanh Hoa province);
4. Da Nang Port Border Gate (Da Nang city);
5. Quy Nhon Port Border Gate (Binh Dinh province);
6. Vung Tau Port Border Gate (Ba Ria-Vung Tau province);
7. Ho Chi Minh City Port Border Gate (Ho Chi Minh City).- (VLLF)